Santander Live Chat Sandi AI

I'm a firm believer in the saying, you only know how good a company or service is when you have a problem. Well I had a little problem, so thought I'd quickly get it sorted via Santander's Live Help. How naive of me. It quickly became apparent that the live help chat was actually a BOT. As in, not a real living person. It's basically a low-level AI script that just searches Santander's own help / support pages and spits out answers from those pages depending on the phrase or question you type. So essentially it is useless.

 

Santander_UK_Live_Chat_2022
 

What an appauling, frustrating level of support to offer banking customers. I mean, we are talking about a major bank here, a place people are supposed to trust with their money. And those people might have questions or need assistance urgently. And if Santander call it "Chat With Us" on their website, which they do, it should be nothing less than a real person, not Sandi the 24/7 digital assistant robot. Live help is essential.

I wonder what the success rate is for customers who got the help they needed. I certainly didn't. My problem has not been solved. Only way to really get an answer is to phone Santander. You know what that means. A potentially long wait on hold while it munches through all my phone credit, only to reach the terminus and be met with the nightmare so common these days, a customer support representative that hardly speaks or understands English. No thanks, I think I'll just live with the problem.

All in all, a very disappointing experience. It does make the mind wonder though. With all the bank closures happening lately, lots of talk about moving to a digital monetary system, which is not a good thing despite how the media will dress it up, could we be one manufactured "crisis" away from that becoming reality. I hope not. Anyway, what do you think of Santander's fake live chat?

No comments:


Order a Free SIM Card With 5 Pounds Free Credit

Trending