Death Wish 3 - Who Is - "I Tore It Out"

Death Wish 3 [1985] movie. It's so bad that I actually really like it. Even though I've always been a fan of the Death Wish movies, all the sequals made after number 2, which is my favourite, are terrible in some ways. The 80's low budget production quality, acting and regurgitated storylines do have that B movie feel and leave a lot to be desired. That is, if you, like me, appreciate high-quality films. Below: The original Death Wish 3 Trailer.




But truth be told, all the Death Wishes [1 - 5] have grown on me. And the more I watch 3 - 5 the more I like them. One and Two are the best in my opinion, but Death Wish 3, 4 and 5 all have something good going for them. Corny but hillariously legendary scenes, at least in my mind, funny lines and quotes, they are more like comedy's than thrillers.

Anyway, today I wanted to try and get an answer to a question about Death Wish III that has bugged me for some time. The scene at the start of the film, where Paul Kersey [Charles Bronson] gets arrested and goes to the police stations lock up facility. He looks at the toilet and then looks at some bald, tattooed gang member, who says "I tore it out". The bald guy then tries to attack Bronson but Bronson knees him and drives his head in between the bars of the jail cell. Video Below: The man himself.




My question is; who is the "I tore it out" guy. Maybe I'm missing something, but I've looked on IMDB, and had a little look around a few other places, like movie forums and an old domain that was dedicated to some of the "creeps" in the Death Wish series but could not find any solid information on him. That website was: deathwishcreeps.com.

Sadly, that website is now expired / no longer live, but can still be found on archive.org. If you want to check out the page dedicated to "I tore it out" - view it here: deathwishcreeps - He tore it out.

I can't believe he didn't get credited in the film. I mean, he actually had a talking part in the film, so surely he should have been acknowledged in the cast credits.

I know that a lot of the movie was actually filmed in London, so perhaps he was from the UK and just slipped under the radar somehow. I was wondering if there was ever a DVD released that may have included a special /extra features disc. Those discs usually feature some of the cast and crew talking about the making of the film, working together etc. Maybe there could be some information on him there. If such a disk ever existed that is.

Well, I had a look at the DVD's for sale on Amazon, including Blu-ray, and it looks like there isn't much else included except the movie itself and the trailer. There's even a few VHS tapes for sale!

A quick update: There is a Blu-ray 1080p "special edition" version being released in the USA on August 23, 2022 [pre-order available] which features commentary from Paul Talbot (author of the “BRONSON’S LOOSE!” books) and an interview with Kirk Taylor (“The Giggler”). Find that here: https://amzn.to/3OrF8yC

There is another version called: Death Wish 2 / Death Wish 3 | Charles Bronson | NON-USA Format | PAL | Region 4 Import - Australia. This one appears to have many more special features including uncut versions of both Death Wish 2 and Death Wish 3 [rare to find these days], and interviews.

Among reviewers this was the bundle to buy for true DW fans. Lot's of extra features and many different versions of DW2 [4 versions I believe] and extra scenes for DW3 [uncut]. Sadly, this DVD bundle is sold out. Another quick update. It's back for sale. This version is now back in stock but only in Blu-ray. It's available in 1 disk and 2 disk versions. The two disc set will obviously be the best one to buy for the bonus / extra features including theatrical, TV and Greek cuts. There's a few copies left: https://amzn.to/3A79lPa

Looks like there's other people curious about "I tore it out" too. The video above showing the "I tore it out" scene has some info in the comment section. One person said his name is Jim Fleming, but after a bit of research that seems false.

I think the commenter was just having a bit of a laugh, as I think he was referring to the American college football coach, who happens to look a little like our toilet tearer. The video uploader calls him the the toilet smasher creep. I guess his identity will remain a mystery for now. If anyone knows who he is, post a comment. Thanks.

#GunUsed #Pistol #.475WildeyMagnum #Wiki #DeletedScenes #UK #UnratedDirectorsCut #AlternateTakes #BehindTheScenes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im i tore it out hehhe


Order a Free SIM Card With 5 Pounds Free Credit

Trending