Quick Grafter Work Website Review

This is not really an in-depth review, as I haven't used Grafter to the level needed to write a full review. This post is more of a "my experience" so far type of entry. If you're looking for temporary / short term work you may have come across a site called Grafter. If not you might be asking the question:

What is Grafter: It's basically a website where employers and those looking for a few days / weeks work connect. Employers advertise short term work, and if you're registered on Grafter and fit the criteria, you might get selected to "apply" for the job. If you apply and actually get chosen for the position, you do the work and get paid through the Grafter system. Easy!

Well, that's what is meant to happen. Sounds really good. Some quick work, a few days here and there, no long term commitments. But to be honest, I've been a Grafter member for around 2 years now. I have a profile with a picture of myself, that's fairly well written (something you need to fill out in order to be considered for jobs), I've got experience in numerous sectors that are in demand, I also get many new job offers from Grafter which are close to my location, I have my own transport and safety wear, but yet I have never even had so much as one days work from Grafter. Absolutely nothing.

Most of the time I get offers for work, I respond by applying for the job and just don't hear anything back. Other times, some of the jobs offered are a bad match. They're either really far away, or in a job sector that I have not listed on my profile. So technically I should not be getting sent the job because I have set up my account to only be considered for jobs that fall within the job sectors I have experience with, and within a certain distance I'm willing to travel to work from my location.

I can't comment on how reliable they are in terms of getting paid, employers not paying etc, because I've never had any work from them what so ever. I may update this post if I do happen to get any work from Grafter. If I could choose one word to describe Grafter so far it would be: Terrible. I should add, though, I don't think its a full-on scam and that no one at all ever gets work. I'm sure some people have had some work from them.

I just suspect that Grafter could potentially have a lot of fake jobs listed because they are trying to grow their business and increase the amount of people, workers and employers alike, in order to make it look more popular than it is. A fake it till you make it type method. Just my opinion of course. But this is nothing new. Lots of websites and companies do this.

Some do it themselves to help speed up growth (generate more real users) and others are just abused by people (registered members / fake employers) looking for leads / personal details from the people applying to the jobs. Some do both. Which one is Grafter, I don't know. However, this post reminds me a bit of the other post I wrote about the many fake jobs being advertised on Indeed. Anyway if I happen to get any work from Grafter I'll update the blog with my experience.

1 comment:

PTO said...

I sent them this email because I am sick and tired of getting silly emails from them saying I have a new job waiting. Only to log-in a find its some rubbish. Their system needs a complete overhaul.

==========================================================

Why don't you state what type of job I have been offered in the email you send out. Everytime you send me a "You have a new Job Opportunity" email it ends up being something not suitable. In fact, most of the time its not even related.

I once got sent a job to change a woman's boiler. Do you realise how dangerous that could potentially be. Sending a job to someone who has no experience with gas installation a job to change a GAS boiler in a residential home. If I were an opportunist and just wanted some quick money and said: Yeah, I can do that. Do I need to say anymore on how that situation could end up. You really need better filters in place across your whole platform.

Kind Regards


Order a Free SIM Card With 5 Pounds Free Credit

Trending